|Browse Webmaster Resources|
How to Suggest a Site
The Open India Web directory is organized by subject. Most sites in it are suggested to us by users. Sites are placed in categories by Open India Web directory surfers, who visit and evaluate your suggestions and decide where they best belong. We do this to ensure that Open Web Directory India is organized in the best possible way, making the directory easy to use, intuitive, helpful, and fair to everyone.
With this in mind, we ask that you follow four simple, yet important steps for Website listing.
So if you have a Web Site and you'd like to add site in Open India Web directory follow these steps:
Step 1: Check to See if Your Site is Already in Open India Directory.
An important first step, because if your site is already listed in Open India Web Directory, you need go no further. Check by searching Open Directory India for your site by keywords. Or You can browse categories for searching your site.
Step 2:You didn't find your site in Open India Directory.
If you didn't find your website in Open India Web Directory then choose appropriate category for your website. Then Add Web Site to that category. Please submit sites to the most appropriate and specific topic or category possible. This is important because directory users often drill down to the topic in which they are interested. If you submit your site to a too general topic, you may get missed by your target audience.
Step 3:Fill up the form for listing the website.
After choosing most appropriate category for your website then click the "Add URL" link in the page. Fill up form by filling Title of your site, URL of the site, Choose appropriate category for the site, Description of the site, Your Contact Name and E-mail address fields.
If you have any query and problem regarding adding site, site listing and website submission mail us at: email@example.com
- Do not submit mirror sites. Mirror sites are sites that contain identical content, but have altogether different URLs.
- Do not submit URLs that contain only the same or similar content as other sites you may have listed in the directory. Sites with overlapping and repetitive content are not helpful to users of the directory. Multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites.
- Do not disguise your submission and submit the same URL more than once.
Example: http://www.opendirectory.in and http://www.opendirectory.in/index.html
- Do not submit any site with an address that redirects to another address.
- The Open Web Directory India has a policy against the inclusion of sites with illegal content. Examples of illegal material include child pornography; libel; material that infringes any intellectual property right; and material that specifically advocates, solicits or abets illegal activity (such as fraud or violence).
- Do not submit sites "under construction." Wait until a site is complete before submitting it. Sites that are incomplete, contain "Under Construction" notices, or contain broken graphics or links aren't good candidates for the directory.
- Do not Submit pornographic sites to the appropriate category under Adult.
- Do not Submit non-English sites to the appropriate category under World.
Do not submit sites consisting largely of affiliate links.